Re: URGENT! Install Base System via network: settings wrong

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 09:23:46PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 08:32:33PM +0200, Ariel Tankus wrote:
> >    The at_3.1.8-10_i386.deb has exactly the same size as the Packages file
> > specified (a Packages file I just downloaded).  However, I checked 3 ftp
> > sites, but they had no ``at'' for i386 at their pools!
>
> The version in woody is the same one that's in potato; you can find it
> in dists/stable/main/binary-i386/admin.
>
> p.

Well, that's explains some things:
Our local ftp site does not mirror potato...

The ``at'' file on ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/ and on /dev/hda4 are identical.

I think it is weird to leave some files on older archives like potato's,
forcing any mirror site to mirror also potato!

Now, my hypothesis is, that because of the missing file at my first
attempt (using our local site), something went on wrong with the installation
further on.  The base-config file seems fine on our site as well as on
ftp.uk.debian.org, but still it was not downloaded OK (zero size).

	-- Ariel.

---
Ariel Tankus
School of Computer Science