Re: user name

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 06:27:28AM +1100, Jeff wrote:
> My system is Debian 2.1 slink, and on installation I was asked for, and
> gave, a password. Now, when I reboot and give back the password, I am denied
> entry. Anybody got an answer for me ? Replies to armj@telpacific.com.au
> thanks
> >
> > Evidently your system has been installed and working for a long
> > time. So you might have better luck on debian-user instead of this
> > list. The answer probably has something to do with the question
> > "What's the last thing you changed on your system?"

> Thanks for the quick reply, but it's a new installation....anything further

Well, the problem is, even the old timers hanging out here would have
a hard time remembering issues slink had, because potato (which
superseded slink) was first released in Aug 2000. If you're doing a
new installation, you should get a newer version. In fact, a new
release of potato just occurred, version 2.2r5. You can download it or
buy a CD with it (see www.debian.org/distrib).

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |