Re: URGENT! Install Base System via network: settings wrong

On 08/01/02, Chris Tillman (tillman@azstarnet.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 10:05:19AM +0200, Ariel Tankus wrote:

> >    I just saw the e-mails in this subject, and I'd like to add
> > that deleting the file may not be enough.  From my experience
> > (reported to debian-testing mailing list;  see there for a detailed
> > description), erasing the file may not be enough.

> I believe it, because we haven't yet determined the root cause.

I am foolishly unclear about what file you two are referring to. In the
end I used my custom kernel on a set of potato floppies, and this went
without a hitch.

Just to reiterate: I believe the problem was that the http connection
process used to download the base system from the internet is broken
under woody. The system could not even hit our proxy server, never mind
connect to ftp.uk.debian.com

Regards
Rory

--