Re: URGENT! Install Base System via network: settings wrong

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:50:11PM +0000, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> On 04/01/02, Colin Walters (walters@debian.org) wrote:
> > On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 08:18, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> > > I am using a modified version of the kernel on the rescue disk at
> > >
> > > <http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/compact/kernel-config>
> >
> > Well, that doesn't actually tell me what version, since 'current' is a
> > symlink to the current version, and I don't know when you downloaded
> > them.  The reason I ask is that this is a known bug which was fixed in
> > 3.0.18.
>
> I'll be hoping that was the problem. I downloaded the root disk (which I
> presume causes the problem) on December the 31st.

I don't know if Colin mentioned it, but if you get that error the
workaround is to just delete the file in question on your system. The
code doesn't correct the situation by itself.

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |