Re: URGENT! Install Base System via network: settings wrong

On 04/01/02, Colin Walters (walters@debian.org) wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 08:18, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> > I am using a modified version of the kernel on the rescue disk at
> >
> > <http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/compact/kernel-config>
>
> Well, that doesn't actually tell me what version, since 'current' is a
> symlink to the current version, and I don't know when you downloaded
> them.  The reason I ask is that this is a known bug which was fixed in
> 3.0.18.

I'll be hoping that was the problem. I downloaded the root disk (which I
presume causes the problem) on December the 31st.

> > However the error appears to be with the network configuration. Do I
> > need to to set the proxy as 'http://10.0.0.1' or something like that?
>
> How do you normally connect to the web?  If you normally use a proxy,
> then yes, you should set that up.  Otherwise, you shouldn't need to set
> a proxy.

Thanks. I thought my proxy settings might need some sort of special
settings.

> P.S. any particular reason to not send this message to the list?  That
> way it will be archived and people can find this information there.

An oversight. Sorry!
Rory

--
Rory Campbell-Lange