Re: end-of-story (USB keyboard support on complicated hardware)

Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> wrote:

> You did not give any hints about syslinux' configuration, and in the
> manpage I did not find any hints about different syslinux/initrd
> configuration.

It's as simple as this:

1. Modify syslinux.cfg on the rescue disk so that it loads initrd by default,
e.g., change noinitrd on the append line to inird=initrd.img
2. Turn the root disk into an MSDOS fs by removing the padding so that it
fits, and make sure that the file is called initrd.img.