Re: taking a break

Glenn McGrath <bug1@optushome.com.au> writes:

> Im not going to being any boot floppies work for a few weeks.
>
> There is a proposal in debian new maint to effectively close the system
> to NM again, i need to get away for a bit and think about my future
> involvment in debian, if debian is going to become just an elitist club
> with me on the outside then i dunno if i want to be involved.

Debian is still the largest open-source project in the world, and the
only GNU/Linux distro on open source principles (even the BSD'en are
cathedrals).  There are plenty of major people in the project (myself
included) that would not stand for an "elitist club".  I won't comment
on the proposal -- I can think that there might be good reasons to put
a temporary hold on maintainership, however.

Anyhow, for my part, luckily, I can give out boot-flopppies CVs
accounts for non-maintainers.

> I have another project i want to spend some time on anyway.

Good luck to you.