Re: debian-installer: disk partitioner

Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 07:07:45PM -0500 wrote:

> Maybe you guys could clue me in on the partitioner you are going to
> use.  You talk about using libparted or libfdisk.  Does the libfdisk
> mean the libfdisk in the boot-floppies CVS area?  Does that mean it
> has to be packaged separately?

That's what I was talking about for libfdisk anyway :-) I started making debs of
it with that in mind, though I haven't committed anything.  As far as I can tell
neither libfdisk nor libparted do everything that we want (libfdisk supports
more archs, while libparted supports resizing.) So we may use both, I haven't
gotten a chance to look at Glen's code, so I can't comment on that. I won't have
time for the next couple days to look deeper.