Re: comments on cdebconf

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 10:43:45AM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> Looks like lots of interesting things happened to d-i over Christmas.
> Very good job everyone!
>
> I tried out Dan's bogl interface. Looks cool.... once we have the
> "select" handler we can do dpkg-reconfigure debconf with cdebconf :-)

I knew I was missing a big one.  I'll try to work on that later, and
any other missing ones; afterwards I can think about the redesign I
want to give it.

> one thing i saw was that if the bogl interface segfaults (for example on
> an unknown question type) the screen doesn't get cleaned up properly. is
> there a way to handle this more gracefully? (perhaps a simple SIGSEGV
> handler will work)

Erk. Thanks for the note.  I'll think about that.  It's a little
nervous, since bogl_done() is a bit complex; I'll give it a shot,
though.

I'm also considering making it run on its own VC.

Dan