Re: testing with powermac/oldworld (probs in miboot, debootstrap, kernel)

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 12:57:12AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

>  - had to edit the 'system' file on the miboot floppy with ResEdit
>    to add video=atyfb:vmode:11 for my hardware
>
>    Is there any workarund for this?  Any way at all to set ker
>    args differently to cope with video hardware?

not really. miboot has no useful interface.

>  - (dbootstrap 0.1.9) emits:
>      Failure trying to run: dpkg --force-auto-select --forceoverwrite --skip-
>    This error repeats many times.

i believe this is powerpc-utils fault it unecessarily diverts
/etc/init.d/hwclock.sh which doesn't work right in debootstrap.  i
have filed a bug to get the diversion removed since we have a working
RTC on powerpc now (meaning we can just use hwclock like everywhere
else).

>  - 'make system bootable' (quik variant) failed to actually make the
>    system bootable from the internal hard disk; I booted right into
>    MacOS
>
> I'm going to check in a bit more to all this.

need more info here, i want to clean up the quik install function a
bit...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/