Re: cvs commit to boot-floppies/debian by stephen.r.marenka

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 12:37:58AM +0200, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> On May 16 2001, stephen.r.marenka@debian.org wrote:
>
> > Use dhcp-client instead of pump
>
> I was just wondering... why do we change from pump to dhcp-client?
>
> Does dhcp-client have something really usefull that pump doesn't?

Yes, it works. :-)

BTS #94176 indicates that I'm not the only who had trouble with pump not
working on boot-floppies. Pump would fire up and then go off to lunch
for all I could tell. I've had trouble with it over the years and the
consensus here seemed to be that it should go -- so it's gone.

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>