Re: APUS Debian Boot-Floppies Images and bugs

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 04:50:29PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > > these are the standard downloadables from APUS@sourceforge
> > >
> > > they have pretty much the same functionality. I guess
> > > there are many features that can be cut out of 2.4.4
> > > (but most stuff, such as khttpd are as modules already)
> >
> > Ok, do you still volunteer to give it a try ?
> >
> > mmm, would it be possible to make 880Ko ones ? i don't think so, but then you
> > may be able to do it, splitting the kernel in 2 and reconstructiong it again
> > in the ramdisk. You would need copy and join though. Are those in the AimgaOS
> > rom ? maybe ...
>
> Copy and join are in C:.

:((( thought so.

mmm, they are not really difficult to do, i remember writting my own split
programs, because non where availabel back then.

You could write them in C, a kind of very small amiboot utility ?

Or even maybe implement the functionality in ami/apus boot to have separate
files on separate floppies.

But this isn't really worth it. The 1.76 Mo floppy stuff would be though, as
it is not really difficult to do. I am nsure someone with a 1.76Mo floppy
could make them in less than 10 minutes. Even i could give make them right now
(altough not test them). The only real problem is the choice program, but if
you only want the launch the debian install stuff, then even that is not
needed.

Friendly,

Sven Luther