Re: APUS Debian Boot-Floppies Images and bugs

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 11:50:40AM +0100, Alan Buxey wrote:
> hi,
>
> > Bug 3: fd0 device problems
> >
> > For APUS /dev/fd0 is unable to load the rescue floppy disk.
> > I think it defaults to the Amiga floppy formats.
> > I must erase it and recreate it with 'mknod fd0 b 2 28'
> > that is the same of /dev/fd0u1440 in a "standard" installation.
> >
> > After this change the rescue floppy was successfully loaded.
>
> problem: the internal floppy of the A1200 is only a sub-Mb model,
> so it cannot read HD1440 images.

But i guess there were some HD1440 models sold, isn't it. I think it makes
sense to support them if possible. Ideally would be to have a warning when you
choose this option that you need 1.4MB floppies support, or else we will get a
lot of complaints about why the floppy method don't work.

I don't know if it is possible to enable such a per subarch warning (altough
it may be common the the m68K/amiga folk).

Friendly,

Sven Luther