Re: Wanting to help with boot-floppies..

Our present status is that manty@debian.org has completed an install of woody
with a hacked up version of boot floppies:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot-0105/msg00071.html

There are a number of issues called out in that e-mail that manty has fixes for
and will apply shortly, other things (fdutils?) I don't know when they are going
to get fixed.  See the link above for details.

Mon, May 07, 2001 at 06:59:24PM +0200 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a debian developer in application (currently on hold), and want to help
> with the debian woody boot-floppies/boot-image.
>
> I head a local LUG

It would be super cool to use that resource to mobilize a bunch of testers.  We
aren't quite there yet, but once boot-floppies 2.3.2 is released that will mean
we have something that basically works and is complete, though still buggy and
in need of testing.

> and have access to machines of the type i385 and sSun
> Sparc (sparcstation 5).

I don't know anything about Sparc off the top of my head.

David