Re: Bugs report

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 02:42:13PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "Y Lemerrer" <y.lemerrer@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> >  the boot image for powerpc doesn't work my powerpc is halted after
> >  the primary boot of the "boot-floppy-hfs.img" disk when i have to
> >  insert the root floppy disk please help me to find the good version
> >  of boot-floppy-hfs.img"
>
> Try booting with the 'hda=noautotune' argument on the command line.

no the problem is the keyboard doesn't work when the kernel asks you
to insert a root floppy.

> If that doesn't work, please file a proper bug, giving complete
> information on your hardware and what version of the boot-floppies you
> are using.

its a well known thorn^Wproblem that appeared in the 2.2.18 boot
floppies, AFAIK no solution has yet been found.  other then using the
2.2.17 boot floppies instead.  this bug does make this boot floppy
worthless for oldworld PowerMacs, the only other way to install is if
the user has MacOS (and not all do).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/