Re: cvs commit to boot-floppies/utilities/busybox by aph

Sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Erik Andersen <andersen@codepoet.org> writes:

> I thought you had removed busybox and were using the .deb now...
> I guess that is just the woody version?

Yes, just woody.

> Regardless, if you are
> going to be doing some backporting, would you mind if I modernize
> a few other selected things?  For starters, I think we would be
> wise to backport a few other fixes.

I don't mind if you wanna back port some busybox fixes into the
ancient version in Potato.  Try to keep it to a minimum if possible,
just fixing crippling stuff.

> Initially, I would like to backport init.c so we get 2.4 kernel
> support.  (which will silence a lot of bug reports before they
> happen).  Is this agreeable?

I don't think this is necessary for the potato version because we
absolutely don't support 2.4 in Potato.

As for the woody version, we're using busybox.deb.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>