Re: debootstrap_0.1.1

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 11:21:16AM -0800, David Whedon wrote:
> > Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >   console-data: Depends: perl but it is not going to be installed
> This is odd.  console-data doesn't depend on perl as far as I know.  Is it that
> cannot be found?
Yes, but console-data _does_ depend on perl:
cts@auric:~/pool/main/c/console-data>l console-data_1999.08.29-20_all.deb
console-data_1999.08.29-20_all.deb:
 Package: console-data
 Version: 1999.08.29-20
 Section: utils
 Architecture: all
 Depends: debconf (>= 0.5), perl, console-common (>=  0.4)
                            ^^^^

> Woody boot-floppies are broken on i386 at least as we wait for console-data to
> make it into woody. I can build the disks since I have 'unstable' in
> sources.list and there is a console-data in unstable.  I can get as far as
> debootstrap trying to install the base system.  It fails looking for the woody
> (testing) console-data.
I have unstable in my sources.list so I should get as far as you do.

Christian