Re: debootstrap_0.1.1

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 04:14:55AM -0600, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> > Somebody with root on the various archs needs to make it work on their arch.
> Root is not a problem (even you could get root on an m68k box). But what
> does this package do? What do I need to fix for m68k? Only adjust the
> devices to be created? Couldn't you have taken the information for the other
> arches from the potato boot-floppies? And how are we supposed to hack it
Ok, I hacked it to build the devices.tar.gz for m68k (using what is listen
in potato boot-floppies: rootdisk.sh). Not sure if I should upload that one,
its not built from source, I do not want to be the one who introduces
propper arch detection into the i386-centric makefile, so I have the file
locally in /archive/debian/local, it gets copied into updates, but the same
thing that previously happened with busybox (before I uploaded it and it was
installed) happens:
make resc1440atari.bin driversatari.tgz
make[1]: Entering directory /build/cts/boot-floppies'
./rootdisk.sh "" /archive/debian/download 3700 2.3 "atari" C ""
I: ld.so on this architecture is ld.so.1
I: single locale mode (USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER = false)
I: downloading required packages
E: Couldn't find package debootstrap

I even copied it into /archive/debian/download/cache/archives/
but it gets deleted there.

I put it in a local apt-gettable directory and added this directory to the
sources.list. Now I get:
I: downloading required packages
E: Sorry, broken packages
E: ./rootdisk.sh abort

When I remove it from the EXTRACT list, I get broken packages. Any ideas?

Christian