Re: Link cfdisk with libncurses instead of slang?

On Mon Mar 12, 2001 at 12:40:25PM -0600, Joey Hess wrote:
> Erik Andersen wrote:
> > Indeed.  Furthermore, when running mklibs.sh on slang, we get a very nice small
> > library.  For ncurses, it doesn't reduce well at all, so we end up with quite a
> > size problem on the boot floppies when using ncurses.
>
> This is because we don't have a ncurses-pic library.

Well, that is a start, but I don't think it will be sufficient.  In the past
when I have compiled up a pic version of ncurses, compled up a basic curses
installer app and reduced it, libncurses did not reduce well at all.  I can't
recall the numbers off the top of my head, but I seem to recall the difference
between reduced libncurses and reduced slang being like 100-200k...

It is worth a test I suppose.  I'd be glad to be proven wrong/forgetful,

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org, andersen@lineo.com