Re: Link cfdisk with libncurses instead of slang?

On Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 04:09:33PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Could anyone tell me if it would cause any problems when I link cfdisk
> > in unstable with ncurses again?
>
> AFIAK the boot floppies are completly slang based with no ncurses at
> all. If so, making a program on them depend on ncurses would completly
> screw us.

Indeed.  Furthermore, when running mklibs.sh on slang, we get a very nice small
library.  For ncurses, it doesn't reduce well at all, so we end up with quite a
size problem on the boot floppies when using ncurses.

Now when we switch to using the debian-installer, you can make just
the udeb depend on slang and the regular package can use ncurses...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org, andersen@lineo.com