Installation problems

Dear Debian Team,

my name's Gabriele and I'm a beginner user of your Gnu/Linux.
I bought the CD's of Debian's 2.2r2 (Potato) but during the installation of kernel I met a problem and my computer showed this message:
The attempt to extract the Rescue Floppy from disk failed.
ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD:Device not configured
What can I do to solve this problem?

I've got another trouble because a copy of WIN 2000 is already installed on my computer and I don't know if the contemporary presence of LINUX and WIN can create possible conflicts.

Thank you very much for your helpfulness.

Gabriele Capelletti.