Re: stuff I can work on - Woody branch

Bruce Perens wrote:
> > - fold out mklib.sh (library reduction) into it's own package
> >   Marcus Brinkmann promised to do this
>
> I can help with this, I wrote the predecessor of this script.

The script is currently working but needs periodic maintanence. It also
probably is broken on some non-i386 architectures; I think there are
some it has never worked on.

What we really need is to move it out of the boot floppies and into
some other package. Ben Collins had an interesting idea involving
putting it in libc-pic, since the two are tightly bound and could be
maintained in tandem.

It has tight bindings to slang-pic too though, and is currently not
greatly debian specific, so that may not actually be a good idea.

> > - eliminate all "configure the base system" steps -- they should be
> >   handled, ideally, be debconf stuff run devolved into the right
> >   packages
>
> Again, is this in the boot-floppies or the installer project?

It's both really. We want to do it for debian-installer, and if it
popped up in the boot-floppies TODO adam wants it for the boot floppies
too.

> > - [10/30/1998, joey] The user should only be queried once for the
> >   cd-rom path if the path that was provided at the first place
> >   matches the need at the second place, too. Ditto for other media.
>
> Can do.

This may be done already, I forget.

--
see shy jo