problems with new cciss (smartarray 5300) driver

hi,

i have some problems with the new cciss driver for the compaq
smartarry 5300 raid-controller.
i compiled a new (2.2.18) kernel, and copied it on the
rescue floppy. the kernel detects my controller but
the debian installer still says it cannot detect my hard drive.
when i escape to a shell, i can fdisk the hard disk (
one raid 1 and two raid 0). mke2fs works also.
the only problem is that the debian installer still thinks there
is now hard disk installed.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

toni