Re: upx

JH> Upx is an executable file compressor. The interesting thing in relation
JH> to the b-f or d-i is that it can compress bzimage linux kernels. The
JH> kernel is still bootable, and a coworker shaved 100k off the size of an
JH> existing bzimage (even though it was already compressed).

JH> http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/upx.html

JH> (i386 specific though for now.)

I just tried it but I'm unable to compress the kernel with it both
with version 1.01 (in potato) and 1.04, might I ask wich options you
used, I'm really interested in shrinking kernel size so I can finally
boot my server (that can't boot from the hard drive) with a larger
kernel and so use less modules. (and it would also be great ofcourse
for the boot disks)

--

 Ikarus                            mailto:ikamps@quicknet.nl