Re: Install Problem

"Shawn Bailey" <sbailey@nacs.net> writes:

> I cannot get my rescue diskette to work correctly, I have wrote the
> rescue.bin file with rawrite2.exe according to the directions in the
> online instruction manual (rawrite2 -f rescue.bin -d a).  I have
> tried several times with several formatted disks.  This is a new
> install.  I put the floppy in the drive, cold boot and get to the
> boot: prompt.  I am able to access all the function key help menu's
> except the F6 key.

Ouch, I've never even heard of that problem.  I've CC'd the syslinux
maintainer, since this is pretty much pure syslinux at this point and
he is the one who would know about such things.

> When I hit enter or the F6 key I get the following message "boot
> failed: please change disks and press a key to continue".  If I hit
> a key the system boots back to the menu and the whole thing starts
> over again.  Any help would be appreciated, I am trying to install
> the i386 version on 1.44m diskettes.

Well, since you're using RAWRITE2.EXE I presume you already have DOS
or Windows installed.  Why not try the option describe in the
Installation Manual where you boot from DOS?