Re: debian-installer demo system, take 2a

Hi.

In <[🔎] 20001208234501.B1035@tausq.org>,
  on Fri, 8 Dec 2000 23:45:01 -0700,
    on Re: debian-installer demo system, take 2a,
 Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org> wrote:

> Yeah, but most of the size is actually due to various small files and
> directories, and the 4k block size on my ext2 fs. if you look at the
> tarballs (uncompressed) it's actually only about 70k.

Maybe you can create and use some small sized loop-back file system
to cancel the block-size effect.

(Off-Topic: The information of "Installed-Size" from 'dpkg -s' or
'apt-cache show' is varied with this same reason dependent of
the file-system size where the package was build.
This maybe not what we wish to have, I think, and I plan to write this
on debian-devel list, but I can't write that well in English yet.)

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>