Re: [VA-Debian] Comments from a first-time Debian install.....

> This can really be read two ways; either standard is selected if you pick
> nothing else and deselected if you pick anything, or it is selected and
> anything else you pick layers on top. Since the second is dselect's behavior,
> I suspect the second meaning is the intended one.

My concern is purely from a user perspective. Granted lots of people
install from CD-ROM or have high-speed internet connections these days,
do we want to automatically make people install 50megs of stuff?  I
guess one could argue that this is pretty small by today's standards....

If we do decide to install standard by default i favor the automatically-
do-tasksel -s method; the psuedo-task method seems like a kludge to me.

just my 2c of course...
randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>