Re: [VA-Debian] Comments from a first-time Debian install.....

   From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
   Date: 06 Dec 2000 10:52:01 -0500

   > Well, that's not really true, is it?  Don't we write out /target/etc/modules
   > here?  I don't think that we touch it any other time.

   modconf writes that file.  The user can run modconf (or compile a new
   kernel) post-installation.

   For the purposes of installing the system, it is true that all the
   "drivers" you need to configure are those that you require to install
   the system, QED.

Suggestion: change the install program to tell the user that (a) he/she
don't have to configure all the modules now, just the ones needed to
install the system, and that (b) he/she can get back to this screen by
running the program modconf.

						- Ted