Re: busybox in woody (was Re: first weekly debian-installer status report)

Erik Andersen <andersen@codepoet.org> writes:

> Now that I have a first pass at the woody debian-installer busybox
> package out there, I now need to make another package to satisfy the
> woody boot-floppies.

Well, there might be other uses for a proper .deb of the package,
i.e., embedded systems and such.

> Of course, unless something is broken, the boot-floppies could
> continue using the version of busybox already included in the
> boot-floppies source tree, since that version has been fairly well
> tested and using that is certainly the path of least effort.

I don't want to do this because:

 (a) it doesn't work with kernel 2.4

 (b) you can't support it since it's not what you are using

 (c) there are many bugfixes in the new one

> But you are the boss here Adam.  Still want a busybox-bf package?

Well, wait a minnit, it's just a proper .deb of busybox with that
install.sh symlink-making script is all I wanted.  Is it really a
busybox-bf package?  Why -bf ?