Re: 2.2.18 + LANG_CHOOSER has bad bugs

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 11:57:36PM -0400, Gleydson Mazioli da Silva wrote:
> Unfortunatelly the Portuguese accentuation support with utf looks be
> little problematic :(

> Some accentuation codes of Portuguese language aren't working (the
> original
> accentuation character is replaced by one space). For now, these are
> the problematic letters (in & Html compatible macros for global
> compatibility
> and both in upper and lower case):
Hmmm...  That should not be. :)  Well, on a serious note, I checked the
Portuguese texts that are in boot floppies, and they look very Portuguese. :)
(Unfortunately, I don't speak Portuguese, so I do not see if it's ok, or not)

> Aacute
> aacute
> agrave
> Agrave
> iacute
> Iacute
> igrave
> Igrave
> oacute
> Oacute
> ograve
> Ograve
But, as I speak French a bit, I do see the French texts ok...  And they make
heavy use of agrave, for example...

> Some others characters are translated to it normal (without
> accentuation):
This should never happen.

Could you please send me (only me!) the file all.utf (utilities/all.utf) that
you got on your computer?  I'm going to compare it with the one I got one mine
and see what's happening...

--
Misha

PS  Sorry for late response, I am pretty busy at the moment..