Re: woody: shell a core component?

Randolph Chung wrote:
> In reference to a message from Glenn McGrath, dated Nov 18:
> > cdebconf will be a core component of the woody installer, and if
> > cdebconf works the same way as debconf then it needs shell scripts to
> > work from.
> >
> > So the way it is looking we will need a shell to be a core component
> > wont we ?
>
> Yes.

No. :-)

Debconf does not require a shell script interact with it. The main menu
is a C program that uses debconf.

I'd prefer to avoid a shell if we can, if it's unavoidable or makes
sense for combined space savings of not having to do seversl things in C
then it can be a core component.

--
see shy jo