Re: Debian Boot CVS: aph

On Tue Nov 14, 2000 at 12:59:25PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> > For example, (I'll pick on tausq since he is in the boot-floppies passwd file)
> > for tausq, there is an entry in passwd, which is being mapped to aph. But tausq
>
> actually this is a bad example. i was added to the passwd file by one of
> the debian admins because i was having issues with ssh one week. aph may
> be handling the passwd file differently.

But it is a perfect example.  You do not need to be in the passwd file to use
pserver.  Furthermore, even if you wanted to be in the passwd file, you surely
do not want to have all your access mapped to user aph, per the current setup.
If you want a passwd entry, your entry should be simply

    tausq:<md5 or crypt crypted passwd>

Try removing the passwd entry and using pserver.  It should still work since
you have a system account and your access will happen as _you_, not aph.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org