Re: hardware detection using libpci

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 09:28:50AM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> Ive been thinking about hardware detection. I think hardware detection
> should be a dependency on the fetch method it applies to.

Some time ago, almost a year now, I worked on some hardware detection stuff
as well. You might want to have a look that RedHat's program (forget how it
was called). I never compiled the actual program, but there is a pretty nice
database for the mapping between PCI device-id/vendor-id and the
kernel-module, x-server or whatever.

Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org>