Re: Monitor autodetection

Daniel Migowski wrote:
> Sounds good. I didn't know about those tools before, but I think the
> detection is something we should do at one of the first things during the
> install-process.

Of course, I disagree.

The main purpose of the debian installer is to get debian *installed*.
It doesn't matter if the installer does not use your favorite screen
resolution. The installer should only detect hardware needed for the
install, not monitor, sound card, etc. Detecting all thast other stuff
can be postponed until debian installed.

The only way I can see this having a place in the installer is if we
have an X frontend. That is supported in the design (would have to be a
CD-based install though), but it is quite a long ways out there in the
future.

--
see shy jo