Re: [urgent] testing for 2.2.18 boot-floppies i386 needed

I started a fresh installation with rescue.bin and root.bin from

   http://auric.debian.org/~aph/bf/current/images-1.44/compact/

I also copied (in a partition on the hard) disk base2_2.tgz and
drivers.tgz from

   http://auric.debian.org/~aph/bf/current/

When I entered "Configure Device Driver Modules" step, the
program complained about not finding
/target/lib/modules/2.2.17-compact/. Infact there was
/target/lib/modules/2.2.17/. Linking to it did not resolve the issue,
because insmod can't resolve dependencies when I tried to load a net
module (ne for an Ethernet NE2000).
My be I was wrong mixing floppies from compact directory and drivers.tgz
from upper directory ?

After that I restarted the installation, this time using the 3rd floppy
for the drivers. The module installation worked, but I noticed some
warning when installing it:

  depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.2.17-compact/pcmcia/...

Then, after rebooting the system, the procedure stopped definitely with
the following errors:

Starting internet superserver: inetd
Template does not contain a Template: line at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 66, <TEMPLATE_IN> chunk
1371
(this line repeated several times)
INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes.

Niccolo