Re: woody, boot-floppies, and debian-installer projected readiness

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Glenn McGrath wrote:

> 12 weeks may be optimistic, but if its going to be frozen for 6 months,
> then we could have a new installer in that timeframe, of course planning
> development schedules based on anticipating long freese time is probably
> foolhardy.
>
> Joey recently mentioned a 2 month plan to get something basic working,
> so i dont think we should give up yet.

Even if there is something basic in two mounths, I think there should be
some full-featured new boot system before the freeze or the old
boot-floppies should be taken.

Useing the freeze-time for bug-fixing is almost too much in my eyes, using
it for growing the system from something basic to useable is against all
stability considerations, that have such an nice history in debian.