Unidentified subject!

Sender: apharris@arroz.fake
To: "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org>
cc: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject: the README question
From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
Date: 14 Oct 2000 01:14:18 -0400

"Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> writes:

> You did read this mail from Marcin Owsiany?
>
>  The English README is arch-specific as well, isn't it? The only difference I
>  can see between how they are treated is "dh_installdocs -i README" in
>  debian/rules. (Though I don't know what that does.) Maybe README.pl should
>  also be added there?

Yes, and I replied.  It's just so far from giving me any clue on what
the heck he is talking about.

README-Users.m4 gets processed by m4 to become release/README.  It is
arch specfic.

He is muddling this, I think, with README on the top-level, which is
arch-indep not architecture dependant.

Moreover, that dh_installdocs is run within arch-indep, so what would
that have to do with the m68k build?

I have not data supplied to me here that helps tell me what problem
you guys are having, or how to fix it.

> > If so, can you fix it in CVS -- it's probably a bug in release.sh.  I
> > cannot reproduce the problem, therefore for me to try to fix it would
> > be unwise.

> I checked it out, will try a build, Ill tell you the results tomorrow.

Please do.  I plan on uploading 2.2.18 source pkg on Sunday.