booting from floppy

I have a problem to install my Debian/GNU Linux on my system. I have a 486DX100 PC, with CD-ROM and 32MB RAM, HD 850MB. I created an image for my 1.44 floppy using: rawrite2 -f rescue.bin -d a
Everything was fine then i booted my PC and while it was booting I got the message:
VFS: Insert root floppy disk to be loaded into RAM disk and press ENTER.
When I pressed Enter i got another messages saying:
Floppy0: perpendicular mode not supported by this FDC
Floppy0: perpendicular mode not supported by this FDC
Floppy0: perpendicular mode not supported by this FDC
Floppy0: perpendicular mode not supported by this FDC
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 2
I tried different floppies, different images (from different directories) and always the same message appeares.