Re: Unable to install `lp' driver in 2.2.

David Barfoot wrote:

> I follow the default options as far as the select drivers,
> and choose `lp' from the misc menu. The installation always
> fails with messages beginning:
>
> /lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/lp.o: init_module: Device or resource busy.
> Hint: this error can be caused by incorrect module parameters
>       including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.

I discovered this problem some time ago. It seems that it affects
boot floppies only (I think it is a busybox problem?), which
can't properly modprobe le lp module. When installation is done,
the modules is installed correctly.

If I remember well the lp.o depends on parport_pc.o, but boot
floppies modprobe can't resolve this.

During installation you can load parprot_pc and then lp.

Beside this, I think that lp.o no longer needs any parameter. The
help screen presented at installation is builded automatically by
a script which guesses wrong.

Niccolo