Re: PCI autodetection

Will Lowe <harpo@thebackrow.net> writes:

> Right.  I'm adding a step just before the user is presented with the list
> of modules that asks if the user would like to try autoprobing for PCI
> devices.

That would be cool.  You wanna patch dbootstrap -- we could even make
that conditional on the pci stuff being there at all..

Please don't commit into mainstream boot-floppies yet -- it needs more
help.

While you're at it -- perhaps you could try to come up with some
patches against xviddetect so it knows about more cards?  It really
only knows pathetically few right now.  See the bugs against that
package too.

If you're not a Debian maintainer, I'm happy to do NMU's against
xviddetect for potato if they will increase it's usefulness.