Re: poweredge 2400 and installing debian.

> "Ries van Twisk" <ries@franksintl.nl> writes:
>
> > Hai,
> >
> > I'm currently in the progress of booting and installing Debian 2.2
> > on a poweredge 2400 with a Raid 5 perc raid controller (also  known
> > asmegaraid?).
>
> Are you sure this isn't supported in the 'compact' set?  Actually, it
> is there, as a module...
I'll check this later next week. I did check the 2.2.17 kernel for the
aacraid driver but they just aren't there. I could find them in the
2.2.16 kernel. Currently the server is running with the 2.2.16 kernel
and the aacraid raid controller.

So I did need to compile my own kernel but the 2.2.17 did not
contain the aacraid driver. Since I downloaded the 2.2.17 kernel
which comes with debian I was at the wrong track... Also from the
dell side I could't find a clue which driver to use. One of the other list
members pointed out that it was the aacraid driver.

To be final. Everything works fine now :-)

Ries