Re: Alternative root filesystem support

> > > Let's add one more bullet point for the new installer--namely,
> > > alternative root filesystem support.  I and my colleagues would just
> > > love to see ReiserFS support in woody's installer.
> >
> > Why reiserfs?  reiserfs is the bad guy, it doesen't support other
> > architectures then intel and only the 32 bit part.
>
> Doesn't reiser also have problems with raid and lvm?

dunno.

> > I prefer jfs, it supports more then only intel and it is 64b clean.
> > An alternative is xfs. Then reiserfs and then ext3fs.
>
> Will jfs be in 2.4.0 or where can I get some docs for it?

No, jffs is in the kernel, but don't know what this is.

"JFFS -- Journaling Flash File System, Linux implementation."

Some url's (not only jf):

(jfs) http://www10.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux/
(xfs) http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/
(reiserfs) http://devlinux.com/projects/reiserfs/

(off-topic, only for infos)
(netwarefs) http://www.timpanogas.com/
(codafs) http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/
(udfs) http://trylinux.com/projects/udf/

Greetings,

  Hartmut

--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Hartmut Koptein   | Debian Maintainer and Porter
Tel.: 0178-koptein (0178-5678346)        | Use Debian GNU/Linux!