how to get base-*.tgz using only apt?

Hi,

 I need to get (I don't say download) base-*tgz on a running Debian
system. I'd like to use only the information in sources.list to find the
correct location of this file (either on the net or on cdrom or in a
local mirror).

 My aim is to create a root filesystem for network-boot using only apt.
I guess unpacking base-*.tgz and then chrooting/using apt is the right way
to do it.

 Do you think it's possible or must I use a source selection dialog (as in
bootfloppies)?

Thanks,

Sebastien

----
Sebastien CHAUMAT
Ecole Normale Superieure     Laboratoire de Physique
46, Allée d'Italie           +33 4 72 72 84 66  fax: +33 4 72 72 81 81
69364 LYON CEDEX 07 FRANCE   E-mail : schaumat@ens-lyon.fr