Re: redesigning the debian installer

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> So it makes a submenu of those virtual packages. Just like with the main
> menu I described above, their menutest scripts are run to see if they
> should be the default item in the menu. Their menutest scripts probably call
> the hardware detection code, and if it detects the card, they become the
> default.

But when autodetection is involved here, the default should be a little
more clear. If it is only focused, than the user changes the focus and is
confused and screw up.
Perhaps an "(PROPOSED BY AUTO-DETECTION)"-String after the detected item,
so that the user still sees what to do, when he moved the focus.