Re: kernel modules (Re: redesigning the debian installer)

Glenn McGrath wrote:
> I will have to and lookup what PITA means, but i assume it means
> difficult.

(apt-get install dict-vera; Pain In the Ass)

> hmm, it could get complex, installer modules depending on the used
> kernel, i think this makes it more important that the end user has some
> tools to customise there installer.

You just have a lot of modules that correspone to one debian-installer +
kernel build, and the installer only uses the modules from that directory.

Not a whole lot different from the way the multiple driver disks, pcmcia
modules, etc are handled in the boot floppies today, from an
organizational standpoint.

--
see shy jo