Re: redesigning the debian installer

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 09:01:53PM -0700, Michael S. Fischer wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 08:23:16PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > If the choice is between one floppy with minimal detection and two floppies
> > with detection of everything, I want one floppy, every day.
>
> I'm with Joey on that.

Still, though. After the main install is done, and the reboot complete,
setting up the rest of the autodetection should be done in base-config,
even if it simply calls dpkg-reconfigure or something. Let's plan for this
from the installer, even if it isn't done till after install. Detecting
hardware (all kinds, if possible) is part of the install process after
all.