Re: redesigning the debian installer

Glenn McGrath wrote:
> We still have to take into consideration that someone somewhere may need
> that 2nd floppy.

Well of course. Someone might be installing by just floppies, or they
may need something else that won't fit on just one. I'd still like
one to be doable in some situations.

> I think that it should be easier for the end user to customise there
> installer based on space limitations and required features, thats the
> whole point of modularisation isnt it ?

There are a lot of interesting things we could do to make it easy to
create customized install media. Might be possible to make a web site
that builds a install floppy with just the stuff you need for your
system for example. That's very much a second stage though.

--
see shy jo