Re: redesigning the debian installer

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 08:34:50PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > PowerPC will probably work with libdetect out of the box (at least the
> > PCI-based ones).  I remember something about PPC in the changelog lately.
>
> I wonder what other, non-pci hardware there is to content with on PPC?

Fairly little.  There's a few non-pci video cards, but they do not need
to be probed for - there's no accelaration support worth speaking of
for any of them, so if no PCI video card is found but /dev/fb0 is
found, just use fbdev.  There's non-pci sound on a lot of macs, but
there is a single kernel driver for all of those.  Etc.

Basically, if it isn't PCI, either it Just Works (tm), or Just Won't
Work (tm).

Dan