boot problems

I am tying to boot from two floopies, rescue.bin and boot.bin, that I
copied using the imaining software provided on it.  I think I messed
up the step when I was asked to partition a hard disk.  I had free
space of about 2+gigs and made the whole free space into the swap
file and then tried to initialize the swap file. It seem to hang for over
two hours.  All the time the light on the hard drive was lit so I
assumed it was "working". Finally I rebooted and strarted over with
the rescue floppy.  This time I learned bit more about how to do the
partitioning and I made 4 partitions of 200 Megs each and typed one
as "swap."  It showed on the partition table that I had over 2 gigs of
space that is not longer available.  I proceeded trying to install
anyway.  I tried to initial my "new" swap partition.  It started and the
screen reads "initializing swap partition" and has been in that mode
all night.  The light on the hard disk is on (red).  It has been this way
about 6 hours now.  What can I do at this point.  By the way I used
fips to make the first partiton of my hard disk and win98 is at the
front of the disk.  Thanks for your help.

George