Re: Can't install non-Nautilus on UP1100

Robert Funnell <funnell@funsan.biomed.mcgill.ca> writes:

> I created a Debian 2.2r0 'Official alpha binary-1' CD last week. I
> used it to install the Nautilus kernel on a UP1100, but then the
> machine wouldn't boot because of 'lost interrupt' errors. It has been
> suggested that I use the generic kernel, not Nautilus, because the
> UP1100 has SRM. However, I don't seem to be able to get dbootstrap to
> install a non-Nautilus kernel. When I do 'Install OS kernel & modules'
> from the CD-ROM, it asks me for a directory containing
> nautilus/images-1.44/rescue.bin, so I always get the Nautilus version.
>
> Am I doing something really stupid, or does the installation procedure
> on the CD really force the use of Nautilus for a UP1100?

Since I'm not an alpha porter, I am not sure.

However, it does indeed parse /proc/cpuinfo for "system type" and uses
that.

If this is a problem, as it seems to be, please file a bug against
boot-floppies.  make the subject line start with "[alpha]" so the
alpha porter can find it.